It turns out that the so-called “FREE TRIAL” of adobe products is not free as it charges a cancellation fee if you decide not to continue the free trial into a paid subscription. If you have also been a victim of this obvious scam, you can avoid paying this stupid fee by following a few steps:
- Login to your Adobe account.
- Go to the “Plans and Payments” section.
- Find your current plan and select “Manage Plan”.
- In the third box on the right, you should see the option to “Cancel Plan”. Select this option and provide a reason for canceling.
- You will be offered the option to change plans. Choose the “Photography plan (20GB) – $9.99” option and confirm the change.
- Wait for the waiting period to pass, which may take about an hour. Refresh the page every 15 minutes or so to check if the option to “Manage Plan” is available.
- Once you can manage your plan, repeat steps 3-5 to actually cancel the plan. You will not be charged an early cancellation fee, and you will be refunded the $9.99.